This is a work-around for a bug in the NI-VISA library, whereby the USBTMC-USB488 driver does not properly handle a response of “Interrupt IN busy” to a ReadStatusByte operation. (A device returns “Interrupt IN busy” when the Interrupt EndPoint FIFO already contains other data, usually a Service Request.) Instead of re-issuing the ReadStatusByte request, the driver continues to wait for a response. As a result, the originating viReadSTB call hangs forever, despite a valid timeout value.
Metrolab have seen this intermittent bug for years, and have now finally been able to analyse it to the point of being able to provide a solid work-around.
PT2026 Software, API and Manual Upgrade – May 2017
The PT2026 Software, API and manuals are unchanged from the May release. The major changes included in the May 2017 release were as follows:
– Separate Installation and Safety Manual (English, German, Spanish, French, Italian).
– Concordant reorganisation and update of User’s Manual.
– Support of the Hall sensor built into the Model 1226 probes. (1)
– Ability to reprogram data ROM for probes and other peripherals. (1)
– Identification of The actual sensor that is placed in the magnetic field. The NMR probe contains the NMR sample; the Hall probe... type.
– Improved system reactivity.
– Measurement status recorded in recording file.
– New command to power instrument off.
– New command to retrieve firmware debug log.
– Bug fixes and optimisation.
(1) To take advantage of these features, the probe firmware needs to be at version 2.0 or higher. If needed, please contact us to arrange for a free upgrade for your The actual sensor that is placed in the magnetic field. The NMR probe contains the NMR sample; the Hall probe....
Note: the firmware, software and (if required) API must all be upgraded together.
The installation procedure is as follows:
- Download and install the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 2015 SP1 (32-bit) from the National Instruments web site.
- Download and install the NI-VISA Run-Time Engine 15.0 from the National Instruments web site.
- Download, unzip and install the Metrolab Firmware Upgrader Installer. (PT2026 systems delivered before 15.08.2016 require an older version of the Firmware Upgrader that does not function on virtual machines.)
- Download and unzip the PT2026 Firmware Upgrade Files Tag_17_07_03.
- Run the Metrolab Firmware Upgrader, point it at the firmware upgrade file downloaded in the previous step (.mpk file), plug in the PT2026, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Download, unzip and install the PT2026 Windows Software v1.3. At this point, you should be ready to go!
- Optionally, if you need it, download the PT2026 LabVIEW Driver v1.5 and unzip it into the \Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\instr.lib folder. Restart LabVIEW and you should find the PT2026 in the “Instrument IO” palette.
The manuals corresponding to this version of the firmware, software and API can be found here: