The July 2017 PT2026 Firmware update contains an important bug fix for USB operation. All PT2026 users are strongly encouraged to install this update.
This is a work-around for a bug in the NI-VISA library, whereby the USBTMC-USB488 driver does not properly handle a response of “Interrupt IN busy” to a ReadStatusByte operation. (A device returns “Interrupt IN busy” when the Interrupt EndPoint FIFO already contains other data, usually a Service Request.) Instead of re-issuing the ReadStatusByte request, the driver continues to wait for a response. As a result, the originating viReadSTB call hangs forever, despite a valid timeout value.
Metrolab have seen this intermittent bug for years, and have now finally been able to analyse it to the point of being able to provide a solid work-around.
The PT2026 Software, API and manuals are unchanged from the May release. The major changes included in the May 2017 release were as follows:
– Separate Installation and Safety Manual (English, German, Spanish, French, Italian).
– Concordant reorganisation and update of User's Manual.
– Support of the Hall sensor built into the Model 1226 probes. (1)
– Ability to reprogram data ROM for probes and other peripherals. (1)
– Identification of probe type.
– Improved system reactivity.
– Measurement status recorded in recording file.
– New command to power instrument off.
– New command to retrieve firmware debug log.
– Bug fixes and optimisation.
(1) To take advantage of these features, the probe firmware needs to be at version 2.0 or higher. If needed, please contact us to arrange for a free upgrade for your probe.
Note: the firmware, software and (if required) API must all be upgraded together.
The installation procedure is as follows:
The manuals corresponding to this version of the firmware, software and API can be found here: