The July 2017 PT2026 Firmware update contains an important bug fix for USB operation. All PT2026 users are strongly encouraged to install this update.
This is a work-around for a bug in the NI-VISA library, whereby the USBTMC-USB488 driver does not properly handle a response of “Interrupt IN busy” to a ReadStatusByte operation. (A device returns “Interrupt IN busy” when the Interrupt EndPoint FIFO already contains other data, usually a Service Request.) Instead of re-issuing the ReadStatusByte request, the driver continues to wait for a response. As a result, the originating viReadSTB call hangs forever, despite a valid timeout value.
Metrolab have seen this intermittent bug for years, and have now finally been able to analyse it to the point of being able to provide a solid work-around.
The PT2026 Software, API and manuals are unchanged from the May release. The major changes included in the May 2017 release were as follows:
– Separate Installation and Safety Manual (English, German, Spanish, French, Italian).
– Concordant reorganisation and update of User's Manual.
– Support of the Hall sensor built into the Model 1226 probes. (1)
– Ability to reprogram data ROM for probes and other peripherals. (1)
– Identification of probeThe actual sensor that is placed in the magnetic field. The NMR probe contains the NMR sample; the Hall probe... type.
– Improved system reactivity.
– Measurement status recorded in recording file.
– New command to power instrument off.
– New command to retrieve firmware debug log.
– Bug fixes and optimisation.
(1) To take advantage of these features, the probe firmware needs to be at version 2.0 or higher. If needed, please contact us to arrange for a free upgrade for your probeThe actual sensor that is placed in the magnetic field. The NMR probe contains the NMR sample; the Hall probe....
Note: the firmware, software and (if required) API must all be upgraded together.
The installation procedure is as follows:
The manuals corresponding to this version of the firmware, software and API can be found here:
– User's Manual
– Installation and Safety Manual
Try it! We promise not to flood your inbox with advertising.
Thank you for your interest in Metrolab! Please check your mailbox for an e-mail to confirm your subscription. If you don't receive it, check your spam box. Don't hesitate to contact us if you continue to have trouble.
On our social networks
Metrolab’s MFC2046 camera system is used for magnet “ramping” and mapping of MRI systems during manufacturing and installation.
Compact but powerful USB instruments.