The Hall Magnetic Camera HMC9076 is a platform for building semi-custom magnetic-field mapping systems.
The key system features are:
– Multiple Hall sensors provide high-precision, simultaneous 3-axis field measurements at multiple points.
– USB provides both system power and data communication.
– An optional thermal sensor allows for temperature compensation or regulation.
– An optional low-noise voltage regulator provides optimal measurement stability.
– Firmware and an associated software API provide straightforward and flexible software control.
The platform consists of:
– Magnetic field sensors: MagVectorTM MV2
– Microprocessor: Silicon Labs C8051F380
– Voltage regulator: Texas Instruments REG102
– Temperature sensor: Texas Instruments LM71CIMF
– Write and read SPI data to/from selected device
– Synchronise acquisitions
– Loop-back test of USB communication
– Retrieve hardware/firmware versions
– Get device information
– Read or write arbitrary data, e.g. calibration tables, to ROM
– LabVIEW API to access all firmware features
– MagVector MV2 register access
– Programming examples
For more information, please see:
– Hall Magnetic Camera HMC9076 User’s Manual
– Presentation for the Magnetics 2017 Conference: 3-Axis Magnetometer on a Chip
– Presentation for the Magnetics 2018 Conference: Building Your Magnetic Field Mapper with LEGO