To install the THM1176 software on Windows 8 or Windows 10, the option to install version 3.5 of the Microsoft .NET Framework must be enabled. A big thanks to Yuqiang Qin of GMW Associates for this fix!
The LabVIEW 2010 software installer requires .NET Framework versions 3 and 3.5, which may not be installed. The default installation of Windows 8 on some computers, e.g. the Microsoft Surface Pro, includes only .NET 1, 1.1, 2 and 4 for 32-bit, and 4.0 for 64-bit.
- Look in the directories C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework and ...\Framework64
- From Settings->Control Panel->Programs and Features->Turn Windows Features on or off, check the box ".NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)" (see picture). Click OK, and Windows will download and install .NET 2 and 3.
- Create a folder NET35 on your system disk (here assumed to be C:).
- Mount your Windows 8 ISO file or DVD.
- Start an elevated command prompt: search "cmd", right-click "Command Prompt", and choose "Run as Administrator".
- Copy the folder sources\sxs\ from the Windows 8 installation disk (here assumed to be G:) into the newly created NET35 folder:
xcopy G:\sources\sxs\*.* C:\NET35 /s
DISM.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:c:\net35 /LimitAccess
Try it! We promise not to flood your inbox with advertising.
Thank you for your interest in Metrolab! Please check your mailbox for an e-mail to confirm your subscription. If you don't receive it, check your spam box. Don't hesitate to contact us if you continue to have trouble.
On our social networks
Liu Yu, R&D manager at Aoxin, shares insights on the use of MFC9046 160 mm NMR probe array for extremity MRI magnet mapping.
Compact but powerful USB instruments.