To install the THM1176 software on Windows 8 or Windows 10, the option to install version 3.5 of the Microsoft .NET Framework must be enabled. A big thanks to Yuqiang Qin of GMW Associates for this fix!
The LabVIEW 2010 software installer requires .NET Framework versions 3 and 3.5, which may not be installed. The default installation of Windows 8 on some computers, e.g. the Microsoft Surface Pro, includes only .NET 1, 1.1, 2 and 4 for 32-bit, and 4.0 for 64-bit.
To check which versions of .NET Framework are installed:
- Look in the directories C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework and ...\Framework64
To install the .NET Framework 3 and 3.5:
- From Settings->Control Panel->Programs and Features->Turn Windows Features on or off, check the box ".NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)" (see picture). Click OK, and Windows will download and install .NET 2 and 3.
For a computer without Internet connection, a DVD or ISO disk image with the Windows installer is required:
- Create a folder NET35 on your system disk (here assumed to be C:).
- Mount your Windows 8 ISO file or DVD.
- Start an elevated command prompt: search "cmd", right-click "Command Prompt", and choose "Run as Administrator".
- Copy the folder sources\sxs\ from the Windows 8 installation disk (here assumed to be G:) into the newly created NET35 folder:
xcopy G:\sources\sxs\*.* C:\NET35 /s
Use the DISM utility to enable the .NET Framework 3.5 feature:
DISM.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:c:\net35 /LimitAccess