To install the THM1176 software on Windows 8 or Windows 10, the option to install version 3.5 of the Microsoft .NET Framework must be enabled. A big thanks to Yuqiang Qin of GMW Associates for this fix!
The LabVIEW 2010 software installer requires .NET Framework versions 3 and 3.5, which may not be installed. The default installation of Windows 8 on some computers, e.g. the Microsoft Surface Pro, includes only .NET 1, 1.1, 2 and 4 for 32-bit, and 4.0 for 64-bit.
- Look in the directories C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework and ...\Framework64
- From Settings->Control Panel->Programs and Features->Turn Windows Features on or off, check the box ".NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)" (see picture). Click OK, and Windows will download and install .NET 2 and 3.
- Create a folder NET35 on your system disk (here assumed to be C:).
- Mount your Windows 8 ISO file or DVD.
- Start an elevated command prompt: search "cmd", right-click "Command Prompt", and choose "Run as Administrator".
- Copy the folder sources\sxs\ from the Windows 8 installation disk (here assumed to be G:) into the newly created NET35 folder:
xcopy G:\sources\sxs\*.* C:\NET35 /s
DISM.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:c:\net35 /LimitAccess
Try it! We promise not to flood your inbox with advertising.
On our social networks
Compact but powerful USB instruments.