PT2026 Firmware, Software, API and Manual Upgrade – May 2017
The latest updates of the PT2026 Firmware, Software, LabVIEW API and manuals are now available for download. The major changes are as follows:
– Separate Installation and Safety Manual (English, German, Spanish, French, Italian).
– Concordant reorganisation and update of User's Manual.
– Support of the Hall sensor built into the Model 1226 probes. (1)
– Ability to reprogram data ROM for probes and other peripherals. (1)
– Identification of probe type.
– Improved system reactivity.
– Measurement status recorded in recording file.
– New command to power instrument off.
– New command to retrieve firmware debug log.
– Bug fixes and optimisation.
(1) To take advantage of these features, the probe firmware needs to be at version 2.0 or higher. If needed, please contact us to arrange for a free upgrade for your probe.
The firmware, software and (if required) API must all be upgraded together. The installation procedure is as follows:
- Download and install the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 2015 SP1 (32-bit) from the National Instruments web site.
- Download and install the NI-VISA Run-Time Engine 15.0 from the National Instruments web site.
- Download, unzip and install the Metrolab Firmware Upgrader Installer. (PT2026 systems delivered before 15.08.2016 require an older version of the Firmware Upgrader that does not function on virtual machines.)
- Download and unzip the PT2026 Firmware Upgrade Files Tag_17_03_29.
- Run the Metrolab Firmware Upgrader, point it at the firmware upgrade file downloaded in the previous step (.mpk file), plug in the PT2026, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Download, unzip and install the PT2026 Windows Software v1.3. At this point, you should be ready to go!
- Optionally, if you need it, download the PT2026 LabVIEW Driver v1.5 and unzip it into the \Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\instr.lib folder. Restart LabVIEW and you should find the PT2026 in the "Instrument IO" palette.
The manuals corresponding to this version of the firmware, software and API can be found here:
– User's Manual
– Installation and Safety Manual